Saturday 14 July 2012

Back to Kenya

I am sitting in airport waiting for my plane to Nairobi via Doha. It's been almost a year since I was last in Kenya and I can't wait to see the kids at Shine Academy again.

I'm looking forward to seeing their big bright smiles and to be surrounded by laughter and shouts of "Teacher Kun".

The older kids' English must have improved over the past year and I can't wait to to converse with them and learn more about them.

The thing I anticipate the most is to meet the new baby class of 2012. These twenty-five kids have been selected from the worst family backgrounds. They were given the precious opportunity to go to school and shine by generous donors from Hong Kong and Australia. I'm so excited to meet each child and learn his or her name.

I don't think I have ever been this excited to go to school. Can't wait till Monday!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

We are excited too. I can already picture the children jumping for joy and running to hug "Teacher Kun" when she walks through the school gates. Travel safely and see you Monday!